1. Tetrion All Purpose Filler: With the colder months coming to a halt, now’s a perfect time to check your exterior walls for damage that may have occurred due to harsh winter weather. If you’re looking for a great, all around filler, we recommend Tetrion All Purpose Filler. This filler is tough and water-resistant. It has been developed to be highly versatile, and it can be used for either interior or exterior jobs. Seals, bonds and fills most household materials including, plaster, wood, stone, concrete, glass, metal and brickwork.
2. Sandtex Trade X-treme X-posure® Smooth Masonry: If you’re looking for an excellent masonry paint that will give your exteriors the ultimate defense from the elements while providing a beautiful finish, look no further than Sandtex Trade X-treme X-posure® Smooth Masonry paint. This product is a durable, smooth masonry paint which gives unbeatable protection against weather exposure for the long term. The superior formula provides anti-carbonation concrete protection and extreme resistance to dirt & pollution. Highly flexible, water based and matt finish, X-treme X-posure covers and resists re-appearance of hairline cracks and is BBA approved with 15 years of proven durability. Using our Colourmix service, you can have Sandtex Trade X-treme X-posure® Smooth Masonry in over 30,000 colours. Whatever your style, you’re sure to find a shade you love.
3. Sandtex Trade Dirt Repellent: If you’ll be painting your home this spring, we recommend you follow the job with Sandtex Trade Dirt Repellent. This water-based protective coating can be used over all matt masonry paints and minimises dirt retention while giving extra protection against future formation of organic growth. It also contains a special pink coloured indicator material to assist application and eliminate misses during application. Under normal drying conditions this tracer colour will fade and disappear in 10-20 minutes. Apply this product as soon as possible to recently decorated surfaces and before surfaces are contaminated. Do not apply over Sandtex Trade Classic Stone Gloss.
4. Sadolin Decking Stain and Protector: Chances are that your deck will be getting plenty of use through spring and summer. Whether you’ll be enjoying your morning cuppa or relaxing while watching the evening sunset, your deck is where it’s at whenever the sun is shining. Sadolin Decking Stain & Protector is a two in one product that both stains and protects your timber decking. This superior product absorbs deeply into the timber to provide exceptional protection against the weather. Sadolin Decking Stain and Protector is particularly effective on large areas of timber such as cladding, fascias, decking and rough sawn timber. It is also ideal as a base stain on new joinery which is to be subsequently treated with Sadolin Extra. Not suitable to use on surfaces previously coated with a medium/high build coating. Touch dry in 4-6 hours. Recoatable in 16-24 hours. You’ll enjoy your outdoor experiences all the more when you can rest assured that your deck is suitably protected (and not to mention looking fantastic!). Available in Red Cedar, Teak, Golden Brown, Natural, and Ebony.
5. Sadolin Superdec Satin: Add a bit of colour to your garden area by painting your outdoor furniture with Sadolin Superdec Satin. Sadolin Superdec Satin is an opaque woodstain that provides ultimate protection for all exterior wood, except decking. This superior flexible formulation is self priming and undercoating, making for easy application. It is ideal for hiding timber blemishes whilst maintaining the natural texture of wood and comes with a 10 years protection guarantee. While white and black come ready mixed, you can also get this product mixed to over 30,000 shades using our Colourmix service, available at your local CDC. The possibilities are endless!
6. Sadolin Stainable Woodfiller: Before painting your garden furniture or other exterior timber, repair any holes with Sadolin Stainable Woodfiller. Sadolin Stainable Woodfiller is an easy to mix and use two pack woodfiller. Specially formulated to accept woodstains therefore providing the perfect match to your wood or woodstain. When cured, Sadolin Stainable Woodfiller may be worked as wood. Can be overcoated with most types of interior and exterior timber coating systems including paints, woodstains and varnishes.
7. Sandtex Trade PVCu Cleaner: Dirt and grime can really build up on PVC-u windows over the winter season. During that time your windows are likely not getting as much use, and therefore may be a bit neglected for a few months. The springtime is an excellent opportunity to get your PVC-u windows shining and ready for the months ahead, where they’re sure to get plenty of use. Sandtex Trade PVC-u Cleaner is a high performance water based cleaner formulated for use on PVC-u surfaces. Incorporating a special blend of surfactant based cleaning materials.
8. Hamilton Roller Kits: Where would we be without the right tools to create our masterpieces? It’s important to have some quality brushes to complete your projects, especially given the season that’s in it! Crown Decorating Centres carries a range of quality brushes and rollers, and to make things simple and straightforward for you, we carry kits that include the essentials. The Hamilton Performance Roller Kit 5 Piece and the Hamilton Prestige Roller Kit are both great options if you’re looking for a range of rollers suitable for most projects. The Hamilton Performance Roller Kit 5 Piece rollers are made of high density knitted fabric for fast even coverage. The Hamilton Prestige Roller Kit rollers are made of Continuous fibre fabric for reduced fibre loss and a great finish and even coverage with smooth, semi-smooth and rough surfaces. All rollers have a 1¾" core for maximum paint pick-up are made of high density knitted fabric for fast, even coverage. They offer thermobonded construction to prevent fabric from unwinding even when soaked in water or solvent, and boast a 5 wire cage for added strength and security.
9. Purdy Monarch Elite 3 Brush Set: In addition to getting stocked up on rollers, we recommend having quality brushes on hand for when you may need to complete brushwork. We’ve got you covered with the Purdy Monarch Elite 3 Brush Set. The Monarch Elite picks up and releases more paint for greater productivity on the job. It's thicker filaments work best with thick coatings like emulsion. Handmade in the USA, the brush Set Contains 1 No 1" Brush 1 No 1.5" Brush & 1 No 2" Brush.
10. Sandtex Trade Flexigloss X-tra: Tis the season to get your entryway in top shape. Sandtex Trade Flexigloss X-tra is made for exterior wood, such as doors, and is a high-performance exterior gloss system which provides greater resistance to cracking and flaking than traditional gloss. With a solvent-based gloss finish, It has added inhibitors to reduce UV damage and good flow levelling & film build. Sandtex Trade Flexigloss X-Tra is BBA approved 8 years proven durability and has manufacturers 10 year proven durability. Flexigloss X-tra comes in over 30,000 shades as part of our Colourmix service.
11. Sandtex Trade Eggshell X-tra: Sandtex Trade Eggshell X-tra is ideal for painting your wooden and metal trimmings. This superior product is a high performance, solvent-based eggshell finish, specially formulated to provide long lasting protection for exterior joinery and suitably primed metal. With a gorgeous mirror shine, it also offers excellent resistance to UV damage, is easy to apply, and comes with a 10 Year Manufacturers Guarantee. Again, this product can be mixed to over 30,000 shades with our Colourmix service, so you’re sure to find your ideal colour. Your exterior trimming has never looked better! For more advice on how to paint metal furnishings, read our recent blog post here.
12. ProDec Fibreglass Stepladder: Your exterior springtime improvements will likely call for some maneuvering and it’s best to be prepared to cover even those higher, hard-to-reach places. A safe, quality ladder like ProDec’s Fibreglass Stepladder is convenient to have on-hand. Made of non-conductive fibreglass legs for electrical safety and with heavy duty non-slip treads and rubber feet, this stepladder offers lightweight but rigid contruction. It is rot resistant with a tool holder built in to tray. Certified to EN131 safety standard. 1.79m open height. 1.98m closed height.
Ready to get your home looking great ahead of the summertime? We’re here to help and we’re delighted to announce that Crown Decorating Centres is now accepting online orders so you can have your products delivered straight to your door. You can also avail of our click and collect service to pick up essentials from your local CDC. Find your local shop here.
X-treme X-posure Smooth Masonry